Moist carrot cake with hints of cinnamon, the soft crunch of walnuts, and sweetness of the raisins and carrots. Sounds delicious, isn’t it?
I used to hate carrots as a kid and now I have grown into liking carrots, well truth be told I started liking carrots after eating carrot cakes hahaha. I have tried few recipes but finally, this recipe is hands down the best recipe you can ever come across because it’s super moist and soft, filled with walnuts for the crunch, raisins for that extra sweetness and texture.
Is carrot cake healthy ?
Unlike other cakes carrot cake is a bit healthy as it doesn’t use a lot of butter or flour. Carrots remain as the main ingredient in the cake. So you will consume fewer calories by having carrot cake.
To tell you the truth my favorite is the chocolate cake recipe. Click here which is good for a cheat day but boy!! it’s worth all the calories.
How to make the carrot cake icing or the carrot cake frosting?
Carrot cake icing is made out of cream cheese that’s the best frosting for carrot cake.
You can also check my other dessert recipes.
Watch how to make carrot cake
Step by step guide how to make carrot cake
Homemade Moist Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125 g All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt Table salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground powder
- 100 g Brown Sugar
- 100 g White sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 290 g Oil Canola or Vegetable oil
- 200 g Carrots Grated
- 50 g Raisins
- 50 g Walnuts Chopped
Cream cheese Frosting
- 110 g Cream cheese Block cream cheese
- 70 g Icing Sugar
- 40 g Cream Thick cream, Whipping cream
- 100 g Walnuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease and line one, 9 inches round baking pan with baking paper
- Grate the carrots using a box grater and leave aside
- In a big bowl place flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix well
- In a bowl of the stand mixer add in the white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla essence and beat well. Gradually add the oil. Then add the eggs.
- Add in the flour mixture and reduce the speed
- Finally add the grated carrots, walnuts and raisins and mix well to combine on a low speed
- Pour into prepared lined cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Once it's out of the oven rest for 30 minutes before unmolding the cake. Cooldown completely on a cooling rack before frosting the cake
Cream cheese frosting
- Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well until soft
- Once soft and smooth and add in the cream gradually
- Decorate the cake as you desire, add in chop walnuts around the cake.