Chocolate ganache tart is extremely chocolaty, delicious and a great chocolate dessert to serve after a meal or even a great addition to a dessert table. Chocolate ganache tart is also known as the chocolate tart is rich in chocolate. Therefore if chocolate is not your cup of tea this dessert is not for you. But let’s be honest who the hell doesn’t like chocolate?
Chocolate Ganache Tart
The first time I had chocolate ganache tart was in France. This was the first dessert I learned to make in France as well. When I first had it even for me it was too chocolaty and it was too rich. The chocolate quality that I used to have back home and in France was so different. France we had the best quality chocolate and it was rich and super chocolaty but over time, I grew to like this dessert. In France, we didn’t serve it with any fruits, just the chocolate tart with whipped cream on the top but the addition of the red berries and the sweet shortcut pastry just works perfectly well.
The chocolate tart recipe I have done here. The ganache is not super solid it is creamy and palatable, exactly the way it should be. Some recipes make it extra hard which is not very pleasant to eat. This recipe is directly from France and I have decorated it with berries to balance out the rich chocolate flavour with the tartness of the berries and the crunchy element from the shortcrust pastry.
This is one of the most popular chocolate desserts in France.
What goes in Chocolate Ganache Tart Pastry
The pastry is super easy to make. Almost all pastry only require 3-4 ingredients. We will be making a sweet shortcrust pastry which is known as ‘pate a sucre’ in french. It is delicious and a very good base for any sweet-tart
What goes in Chocolate Ganache Tart Filling
Usually, making a chocolate ganache only require chocolate and cream, glucose syrup will stabilise the filling and butter will give it a glossy finish
How to make Chocolate Ganache Tart
Its pretty simple to make the chocolate ganache tart
- Step 1: Make the pastry dough and rest
- Step 2: Roll out the pastry dough and cook the pastry tart
- Step 3: Make the chocolate ganache filling
- Step 4: Pour the filling and refrigerate.
And thats how you have a no bake chocolate ganache tart
The essential equipment needed to make Chocolate Ganache Tart
What to serve with Chocolate Ganache Tart
Ganache tart toppings vary from whipped cream to chocolate ganache tart with raspberries to berries. Below are some famous tart toppings and accompaniments to serve with.
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla ice cream
How to store Chocolate Ganache Tart
You can store this tart for a maximum of 3 days. It is a great make-ahead dessert. To store simply refrigerate and take it out of the fridge when needed
What type of chocolate to use for Chocolate Ganache Tart
Defiently dark chocolate, it needs to be rich in Chocolate, 45% cocoa beans dark chocolate will work best. I dont recommend using Milk chocolate.dark chocolate ganache tart in my opinion taste better than Milk chocolate filling.
can I freeze chocolate ganache tart?
Yes, you can, But I don’t recommend it. But it is definitely possible if wrapped properly and frozen.
You can also check my other dessert recipes here
Step by step guide on how to make Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe
Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 150 g All-purpose Flour
- 50 g Egg yolk
- 58 g Icing sugar
- 63 g Butter Unsalted
- 300 g Cream
- 25 g Butter
- 50 g Glucose syrup
- 300 g Dark chocolate
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- Preheat oven to 180C conventional oven
- Mix butter and icing sugar in a mixing bowl. Once it is mixed well add in the egg yolk and mix it in
- Then gradually add flour and mix until mixed through. Don't over mix. Once it becomes a dough, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate at least for 2 hours
- Take the dough out after 2 hours, flatten it using a rolling pin about 1/2 cm thickness, place the dough on the tarte shell base, cut off excess dough and push it with your fingers.The dough is extremely delicate, it is ok, if it cracks a little, you can always paste it together by combining a bit of dough together. Once it is baked it will not be visible.
- Using a fork pierce the dough base
- Bake it in the oven for 15-20 mins until the tart is cooked and golden brown
- Let it cool down completely before taking it out of the tart shell.It should slide out very easily
- In a pan add cream and glucose syrup. Let the cream heat up until warm. Turn off the heat. Add dark chocolates in. Mix well until diluted and mixed through. Finally, add the butter. Let it cool down slightly.
- Pour the ganache filling into the tart base and refrigerate at least overnight for the filling to set
- Decorate it with berries and serve
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Ganache tart Recipe”
Its so yummy,when i baked it my family said ‘it was delicous’ .Thank you for this recipe🥰👍
thank you 🙂
Hi Rachi , How can we remove the tart from the tart pan ? It was a bit unclear for me .
Have a great day ! Cheers
Hello, It should easily slide out once cooled, just lift one side slightly using the back end of the spoon and slide it over gently from your hand. Some pie tins also have detachable bottom and sides, which makes them easier to remove.
Hope this helps