Easy Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is my everyday go-to recipe on a mid-week dinner menu. It is bold, extra punchy, and has a total depth of flavor. I use this recipe on anything. I eat it with rice, on top of lettuce, in salads haha haha I know I am weird but what can you do, it’s so easy to make it and tasty too.
spaghetti bolognese recipe from scratch
Making spaghetti bolognese from scratch is simple and requires less effort.
People often use spaghetti bolognese and spaghetti bolognese interchangeably and both seem to be correct.
As a chef who worked in a 5-star hotel, spaghetti bolognese was one universal dish that will be on any menu all over the world. Making 50kg of spaghetti bolognese was the norm for me. the amount of spag bol orders that we go through in a day was unbelievable but it is a comfort dish and everyone enjoys it.
spaghetti bolognese ingredients
How To Make Easy Spaghetti bolognese Recipe
The Essential Equipment Needed To Make Spaghetti bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce
Spaghetti bolognese sauce is very special, because the more you cook it, the better it becomes. The recipe I have given will be good in 45 minutes but if you want to elevate your bolognese dish from good to awsome then cook it longer for 2 hours, trust me you will feel the difference
What To Serve With Spaghetti bolognese
Because it’s a meat sauce and pasta dish you can serve any type of salad with spaghetti bolognese like greek salad, roasted vegetable salad, Baked chicken wings, garlic bread.
How To Store Spaghetti bolognese
Spaghetti bolognese can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days
Can you freeze spaghetti bolognese?
You can freeze the bolognese sauce to eat later or the entire spaghetti bolognese dish can be frozen too. But it will always taste fresher if the sauce is stored separately and the pasta is cooked fresh. Because pasta can be overcooked by reheating.
How To Reheat spaghetti bolognese
You had some leftover and you have to reheat it, simply heat it in the microwave until warm
What Type Of meat to use for spaghetti bolognese
You can also check my other recipes here
Step By Step Guide On How To Make Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 1 Heavy bottom sauce pan or casserole
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil Canola or any other oil
- 3 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Onion Chopped
- 500 g Beef mince
- 200 ml Red wine Or replace the same amount with beef stock
- 250 ml Beef stock
- 400 g crushed tomato
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 200 g Raw pasta (Half a packet)
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil
- Add onion and garlic and saute until brown and cooked
- Add the mincemeat in, break up all the lumps so that the mincemeat is broken down. cook well.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute then add red wine and let it reduce for 2 minutes
- Then add the crushed tomato, stock, salt, pepper, bay leaves, close the lid and let it cook on medium heat for 45 mins or cook it for longer 2 hours When cooking for longer you might have to keep topping up with water and stock, as the sauce will evaporate.
- Once cooked and meat ragu is soft, take it off the fire and leave aside
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Place pasta on the bottom, top it up with sauce, sprinkle parmesan cheese, herbs and serve