In my household, we usually have pancake Sundays. Now, who doesn’t like soft, fluffy pancakes that are golden brown, melts in your mouth and loaded with toppings? Just picture yourself eating a huge stack of pancakes that’s dripping in maple syrup with melted butter on the top. Now that’s what I call food orgasm.
I just like to make simple pancakes. Yes, there are millions of ways to make fluffy pancakes but complicating ways of whipping egg whites, folding in quarters. Who wants to do that early in the morning????
My recipe is going to have everyday ingredients and standard ingredients.
I am not using buttermilk, baking soda or egg whites. Just a standard pancakes recipe but I will tell you the secret to get that fluffiness.
Some suggested Toppings for pancakes
- Maples syrup & butter
- Strawberries and whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Ice cream
- Fresh fruits
- Maple and bacon
How to make pancakes
- 190 g All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp White caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 310 ml Milk Fresh
- 60 g Melted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of salt Table salt
- Sieve flour, baking powder, and salt, sugar and mix together using a whisk
- Microwave the butter until melted
- In a separate bowl add, eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix together using a whisk
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together using a spoon or spatula gently. Don’t whisk it, gently fold it. It doesn’t have to be lump free. It will have a bit of lumps after mixing.
- Heat a non stick pan on a medium fire and add butter
- Once butter is melted scoop ½ cup of pancake batter on to the middle of the pan
- Don’t fiddle around with the pancake, when bubbles appear on the top then flip the pancake using a spatula and let the other side cook.