Ground beef ramen noodle stir fry is a one-pot dish that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. This is no ordinary instant noodles dish, this is going to be an epic game-changer in busy households. Got beef mince and dried noodles? then you are all set up to prepare an amazing one-pot noodle stir fry for mid-week dinner.
Are you tired of the same old spaghetti bolognese every week that you do with beef mince and want to try out something different? Honestly, beef mince is something I add to my shopping list every week. Most of the time, I don’t even have a dish in mind but you know that beef mince is something you can use so easily and QUICKLY to whip up a quick dinner. And if you are like me, every evening thinking of ‘what are we going to have for dinner‘, then welcome to the club
In my uni days in France, I have actually over dozed my self with instant noodles. thinking back now, it was not that we didn’t have time, it was just being young and lazy to cook. so what’s better than a 2 minute instant noodle dinner!!!! honestly, it was between a toasted sandwich and a 2 minute instant noodles. After becoming a proper adult (cough cough) which I try my best to do still, I found there is a better way to use these instant noodles. So tada!!! I present to you my one-pot ramen stir fry with ground beef.
How do I make ground beef ramen noodle stir fry healthier?
That is the biggest question, isn’t it? I grew up knowing that instant noodles are bad for you, but soon realised, it was not the instant noodles, it was the seasoning packet that comes with it. when we were small, it contained MSG and as you know its a big no-no for health. But what I do is in this recipe, we are definitely not using the spice mix, because we are going to make a quick mix that is a total flavour bomb that you will just want to throw that spice mix out of the window!!!
What can I add to ramen noodles stir fry?
This is a versatile dish and can be adapted any way you like. I have just added onion and garlic and not much of vegetables, But you definitely can add vegetables, it is a good way to load a lot of vegetables into this dish. But the trick is, because its a quick dish, the vegetables need to be cooked quickly. therefore make sure if you use veg such as carrots or zucchini they are grated, if not it will take a large amount of time to cook. vegetables also can release a lot of water, so its best to stir fry vegetables separately then add in at the end. The list below is a few options that you can add.
Broccoli florets or broccolini
What type of noodles for ramen?
People often debate if ramen noodles are the same as instant noodles? well, the answer is no!!! but it looks so similar. and many counties will find it hard to find ramen noodles, so instant noodles will just have to do it. and honestly, once it is in a stir fry I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.
I am using instant noodles in this recipe, but any dried noodles or even fresh egg noodles will work.
Can you cook Beef mince in a frying pan
The biggest problem many people have is that, when you cook beef mince or beef strips, you get a lot of water releasing from the meat, which in turn, makes the beef boil in its own liquid and not stir-fried to have a golden brown colour. so yes you can cook the beef mince in a frying pan or a wok if you have one. but the best way to eliminate the moisture from the beef mince is the following tricks
1. Fresh and not frozen: Firstly if it is frozen then you will have a lot of water releasing in the beef mince
2. Know how much your pan can hold: Often we overcrowd beef mince by adding too much to the pan. A normal large pan will hold only 250g beef mince. therefore make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan
3. High heat; when pan-frying beef mince make sure it is done in a high heat
4. Tipping the moisture out: if by any chance you have the moisture inside the pan, then tip the water out.
Beef mince recipes?
Have you tried my other beef mince recipes?
How to cook ramen noodles on stove top?
In this recipe, I will be cooking the ramen noodles/instant noodles in the same pan, that I made the beef mince!!!! yes, only one pan to wash!!! hallelujah!!!!
You can also check my other dinner recipes here.
If you enjoy my ground beef ramen noodle recipe please share it with your Facebook friends and leave a comment.
Watch video how to make ground beef ramen noodle recipe
Step by step recipe on how to make ground beef ramen noodle recipe
Ground Beef Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- 1/2 Brown Onion Sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 250 g Beef mince
- 2 cups Water or vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar can substitute with white sugar
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and leave aside until needed
- Heat a large pan or wok on high heat with 2 tbsp of oil
- Add onion, garlic and cook until soft
- Add the beef mince in, don't stir it often, once it is coloured on one side then stir to colour the other side
- Once the meat is well browned, add the sauce mixture into the pan, and caramelise the beef mixture in the pan until it has a dark colour.
- Put the beef mixture to the sides of the pan, creating a hole in the middle, add the instant noodles, water or vegetable stock into the pan and cover with a lid. let one side cook for 2 minutes
- Turn the noodles on to the other side and let it cook for 3 minutes (Don't cover with a lid again) Once noodles are fully cooked, mix the beef mixture with the noodles to combine everything together. let it cook until all water has evaporated.
- Add 1 tbsp of oyster sauce to finish off cooking, stir well to combine. .Serve warm
5 thoughts on “Ground Beef Ramen Noodle Stir Fry”
Hello!!! Thank you so much for this recipe!! I made the most delicious noodles today and I am so happy💙💙💙 Just what I needed!!!
Thank you, I am glad it came out well 🙂
Yum this looks so delicious and easy! Thank you for sharing!