Pizza sauce vs pasta sauce?
A normal pizza sauce is called a passata, basically a basic tomato-based sauce there is, not much of flavouring added to it, as the pizza sauce is just a plain base and the toppings you add to the pizza makes a pizza flavourful.
A pasta sauce is basically a tomato-based sauce that would be flavoured with herbs, garlic so it can be eaten just mixed through with pasta. This sauce will be simmered on a low fire for a long time to develop its flavours. this needs to carry more flavour because unlike the pizza, pasta can be eaten plain without any additional toppings.
My pizza sauce recipe is made with fresh tomatoes. This can be also made with half fresh tomatoes and half canned tomatoes. Tomato paste can be also added to give a more concentrated tomato flavour for the sauce.
Can we make pizza sauce without tomatoes
Yes you can, Pizza sauce can be also made without tomatoes which is basically a white base sauce also know as a bechamel.
Ingredients for a pizza sauce include fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasoning, it’s so simple to make it from scratch
Now you know how to make pizza sauce so now you can try my pizza dough recipe
Watch how to make pizza sauce
How to make pizza sauce from scratch (Step by step guide)
Pizza sauce from scratch in 20 minutes
- Pots and Pans
- Cook top
- 5 Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Oil Preferably olive oil
- 3 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilli Chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Herbs Chopped ( Oregano)
- 1/2 tsp Salt Table salt
- 1 tsp Sugar White sugar
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Boil a pot of water
- Take the core off the tomatoes and mark a cross on the opposite side
- When the pot of water is boiling, add the tomatoes in the water for 1 minute
- Take it off the boiling water and plunge it in ice-cold water
- Take off the skin of the tomatoes and roughly chop it in quarters. Blend it in a blender until smooth
- Heat a pan on medium fire with 2 tbsp of oil
- Add in onion, garlic, chilli and cook on a medium fire until soft
- Add the blended tomatoes into the pan, add in the herbs, balsamic, salt and pepper and cook further for 5 minutes until reduced and have a thick consistency
- Take it off the fire and cool down
- Use this sauce as a pizza base. Click here to get my Homemade pizza recipe