Everyone loves good sticky oven baked chicken wings. it’s so versatile, you can have it as a snack, a party appetiser and even on the BBQ. I don’t trust the marinated chicken wings that are readily available in the supermarkets, so this is my no-fuss, easy to make chicken wings that are baked in the oven.
you are definitely not going to need napkins, because you will be licking your fingers after eating these sticky wings.
you will need to marinade these bad boys in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. If you can marinate it overnight that would be ideal. But I have developed this recipe to have a strong flavour, even if you marinate it for 30 minutes, it will still be quite flavoursome.
You can also check my dinner recipes.
Step By Step Guide On How To Make Sticky Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Sticky Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- 500 g Chicken Wings
- 40 g Tomato sauce Tomato Ketchup
- 30 g Chilli sauce Any Chilli sauce
- 50 g Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar Can substitute for white wine,White vinegar
- 70 g Honey
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger Chopped
- Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a spoon until well combined
- Place the chicken either in a bowl or a ziplock bag and pour in 3/4 of the marinade and toss the chicken. leave aside for 30 minutes reserve 1/4 of the marinade for basting later.
- Heat a pan with oil on medium heat
- Once the pan is heated, cook the wings on both sides, until it has good charred marks
- Take it off the pan and place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200C (Conventional)
- Baste the chicken with the reserved 1/4 of the marinade using a brush
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes
- Take the wings out of the oven and baste it again and cook for further 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Enjoy immediately