American buttercream frosting is super rich in chocolate and the perfect addition to chocolate cakes or cupcakes. This American buttercream recipe will keep you wanting more and more!!!
Warning: you might eat this by it self even before the cake is decorated hahahahha
There are a few reasons why an American buttercream frosting can go wrong
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature. If you live in a cold country leave the butter out overnight to get into room temperature
- if you add too much liquid
- if your butter is melted it will instantly split the mixture. This is very common in very humid and hot countries
You can also try my best moist chocolate cake recipe and my other desert recipes.
Watch how to make american buttercream frosting
Step by step recipe on how to make American buttercream frosting
- 200 g Butter Room temperature
- 300 g Icing sugar sifted
- 35 g Dutch cocoa powder Can use regular cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Tablespoon Milk Fresh milk
- Add butter to a bowl of a stand mixer or a handheld mixer with the whisk attachment and mix for about 10 minutes until it is pale in colour and and looks like whipped butter. If the butter is not soften enough these may take about 15-20 minutes.Don't rush this step, It is very important to do this step.
- Sift the icing sugar, cocoa powder directly onto the butter
- Mix it well for 3 minutes at high speed until it is thick and creamy
- Add in the vanilla essence, Milk and beat it for about 10 minutes on a low setting until fluffy and creamy
- Use the buttercream to decorate your cakes/cupcakes
9 thoughts on “American Buttercream Frosting – Chocolate”
Thank you. Its very useful.
Thank you, My pleasure.