Cheesy sauce stuffed cracked bread. I have created this delicious crack bread that is going to be stuffed with a cheesy white sauce that is so flavorful and then baked in the oven, which becomes oozing with cheese when taken off the oven.
Writing the above description made me want to go and make this crack bread recipe again.
What bread to use?
The best bread is sourdough or any other crusty loaf of bread because of its shape and form, it holds well when cut halfway through and then when baked in the oven, it holds its shape really well.
Can I make Crack bread in advance?
Yes, So what I do is, I usually prepare this in advance, the whole process except baking it in the oven, so when I have to serve it, I pop it into the oven just for 10 minutes
What can I serve with crack bread
Think of it as a party appetiser, a side dish to go with any meat, a soup, to soak up all the yummy goodness, or a casserole, who wouldn’t like an extra bit of calories with your stews and casseroles
Can I cook this on the BBQ
Absolutely, cover with a foil and cook it on the BBQ, turning it all around.
I am going to warn you, this is so addictive, if you eat this crack bread once, you will be wanting this over and over again. If you serve this to guests, they would literally go nuts over it and the best part is it’s actually easy to make and can be done in less than 20 minutes. I can guarantee you, you will never look at store-bought garlic bread ever again after tasting this recipe.
What other flavours can be added?
This is a cheesy white sauce, you can also add herbs, chilli, garlic or even shredded chicken to the white sauce.
Best cheese to use for crack bread?
I highly recommend mozerella, because its stringy and holds its shape when baked in the oven well.
Pull a part crack bread for parties
This dish is going to be the easiest dish for any party. If you are doing any ‘bring your own dish’ I highly recommend this crack bread, as it is easy, affordable, and you will definitely be seen as a master chef.
You can also try my other bread recipes
Watch how to make the cheesy sauce pull apart bread
Cheesy Sauce Pull-Apart Crack Bread Quick Dinner 20 Minutes
- Oven, Pan, baking tray
- 250 g Milk Fresh
- 25 g Butter
- 25 g Flour
- 50 g Mozerella cheese
Bechamel sauce (White sauce)
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add butter and let it melt
- Add in the flour and mix well until clumpy, cook on low fire for 1 minute ( dont let it turn brown )
- Add in the milk gradually, while mixing it until its smooth and thick. Make sure to add the cream slowly and in 3 parts, once the first part is well incorporated and the flour and butter mixture is smooth, then add the rest of the milk.
- Cook it on low fire for 1 minute until thick and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Cut the bread in angle stripes.but do not cut all the way through the bread.
- Use your fingers to try and open each crack and spoon in one tablespoon of bechamel sauce in each cut then stuff it with a pinch of cheese. You don't need to be super neat.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. and place the bread on the tray
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has gratinated and turned golden brown
- Serve it warm